We understand the fundamental needs of families and the struggles they often encounter with personal and financial matters during this time.
The Compass for End of Life Affairs has been compiled from the needs and concerns of individuals and groups we have helped over the past decade. Often when someone you love passes away, there are numerous financial and emotional considerations to face and important decisions to make. It can be overwhelming. This guide provides simple tips such as:
- Keeping a log of phone conversations to help you remember who you have talked to and what the outcome was
- Paying utility bills, mortgage and car payments that may be delinquent or due soon
- Sending acknowledgement cards for flowers, memorial donations, food or spiritual remembrances
- Notifying insurance companies
- Notifying any retirement and/or pension benefit plans
- A comprehensive listing of community resources and bereavement groups in the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area
Restland also provides in-home aftercare visits.